Sunday, February 6, 2011

lines.


I like lines.  Not standing in them...drawing them.  I like sortof - but not quite - parallel, repeated lines used to create shadow.  I like drawing people.  Kindof serious people drawn in a slightly weird-looking or naive way.  I like a little bizarreness.  Can you tell?

And I think these 2 people might be part of the reason why:  Edward Gorey, illustrator/writer.  Mateusz Skutnik, of Pastel Games.  Their artwork makes me happy when I look at it.  Very very happy.


3 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE Edward Gorey. I have Christmas cards somewhere with an illustration of his relating to fruitcake and falling through the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,
    I'm loving your posts. Keep em coming. :-)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra, I think you were the one who introduced me to Edward Gorey!

    Thanks Rachel! It's nice to know that people are somewhat entertained by my random musings and pages from my sketchbook. It keeps me going!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...