Monday, March 7, 2011

Zeke

My one claim to fame...or claim to someone else's fame, maybe, is that I was buds with Chelsea Clinton in preschool and kindergarten.  Her dad was Governor at the time, and so that meant my friend lived in a pretty sweet house and we got driven around by her nanny a lot.

What I remember most about hanging out with Chelsea, though, is playing with their dog, Zeke. It was a blonde cocker spaniel that bit my face when I bent over to give it a hug.  I didn't have any hard feelings about it, though.  Apparently, I loved Zeke so much, that when all the kids in kindergarten drew pictures of what they liked most about going to an Easter event at the Governor's mansion, I did not draw the bus, or the swing set, or the Easter bunny like everyone else.  Nope.  I drew Zeke.  I can just imagine myself, separated from all the other kids, in my own world, just patting the lovable cocker spaniel on his head.  Apparently with a bow on my head.  And zombie arms.

Candice and Zeke, circa 1984

3 comments:

  1. Hi there friend! Your blog makes me happy!! I love the most recent posting of your 4-year old art. And, of course, being that I have a 4-year old, I do what all mothers do.....compare and realize I can check "artist" OFF the list of possible future careers for my child. Truthfully, I enjoy all your fun pictures and am still vfs cxcjjjjjjjjj8v v (oops, 8 month old attack on the keyboard!) keeping my eye on the perfect piece that I'd like to have as my "Candice original." Love you! --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your famous connection. My friend once was hit in the door accidentally by Troy Aikman at an Old Navy in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin: Just don't cross writer off Connor's list. Love his work so far. I mean vfs? cxcjjjjjjj? Amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure I was in Kindergarten when I drew zombie-me, so I was probably 5 or 6. Plus - I would certainly not judge anyone's artwork by mine...that drawing of Zeke and me was hidden in the VERY back (the LAST page) of the "book" they made of everyone's drawings. Whose made the cover? Natalie Kelley. That Jerkface. Just kidding, Natalie, wherever you are.

    Ashley: Troy Aikman is a meanie! I hope he apologized. And then bought her a sweater

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...